Third Reich Tour
The perfect tour for those interested in Germany’s modern history and the times of the Second World War. The Third Reich Tour will take you through some of the darkest pages of Germany’s history and help you understand how they affected the world we live in today.
Please note, since these are private tours itineraries they can be flexible. The final price and inclusions will depend on your preferences. We may be able to offer a discount for groups of three or more travellers. Please request the Berlin tour via our contacts page.
Cost: 660 USD for two people
Duration: 12 hours (including 5-6 hours travel time to and from the port)
- 09:00-12:00 You will be greeted at Warnemunde port, where your cruise ship docks. Your driver will take you to Berlin, where you will be joined by one of our professional guides
- 12:00-13:30 The tour begins at the site where the Nazi party first managed to seize power, the Reichstag. Your guide will talk you through the history behind the formation of Nazi rule in Germany. You will then visit the Soviet War Memorial, a mass grave where 2,500 Soviet servicemen are buried
- Not far from the Reichstag away is the Brandenburg Gate, which is known as the most famous entrance to the old city. Here you will visit memorials to the people who suffered from Nazi terror such as the Memorial to the Murdered Jews, a vast field of concrete stelae. The last stop in this area will be the location of the bunker where Hitler took his life in April 1945
- 13:30-14:30 Free time for lunch at Potsdamer Platz
- 14:30-16:00 After lunch you will head to Tiergartenstr 4, the site of the infamous euthanasia program known as T4. On the adjacent Stauffenbergstr there is a museum dedicated to resistance fighters where you will learn about the White Rose movement, Count Klaus Stauffenberg, Georg Elser and others who openly opposed the Nazi regime
- 16:00-16:30 From there you will visit the centre of what used to be the American sector of Berlin. You will pass by the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, which today is still scarred with bullet holes and shrapnel damage — a reminder of the destruction of Berlin during the war
- 16:30-18:00 Heading back to the city centre you will stop at one of the most frightening addresses in all of Germany, nowadays known as the Topography of Terror. It is a museum on the site of the former headquarters of the SS and Gestapo. The tour then continues on to the historic heart of the city and to the square where the Nazis burnt 20,000 books in May 1933, today known as Bebel Platz. Finally, you will visit the memorial dedicated to the victims of war and oppression, known as the Neue Wache.
- 18:00-21:00 As the tour ends, your driver will take you back to the ship
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Museum entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Know before you go:
- The pick-up time for the Berlin private tours is usually 30 minutes after your cruise ship docks in the port of Warnemunde — exact pick-up time will be stated in your confirmation letter
- The drive to Berlin is approximately 2,5 hours depending on traffic conditions but this will be a chance to admire the magnificent scenery of Northern Germany
- Please note, your guide will meet you once you arrive in Berlin. Your guide will not accompany you on the journey to a from Berlin