St Petersburg Highlights & Hermitage Skip-the-Line ticket
City Highlights and Hermitage VIP ticket
Start time: 10.00
Duration: 5 hours (for city highlights tour and introduction to the Hermitage museum). You can stay on in the Hermitage Museum as long as the museum is opened.
Group size: 8 PAX max
The tour is available every day except Monday and Wednesday.
Offered in English, German, Spanish, Italian, French and Russian.
Kindly provide your hotel address when booking so we can make transport arrangements.
St Petersburg Highlights & Hermitage Skip-the-Line ticket is a combination activity which consists of a guided city tour and a pre-booked entry to the Hermitage Museum.
The St Petersburg Highlights tour includes inside visits to 3 famous city attractions: Peter and Paul Fortress, the Church on Spilled Blood and St Isaac’s Cathedral.
The activity is designed to cover all the principle highlights of St Petersburg in one day. It includes the detailed tour of St Petersburg with a tour guide and an independent visit to the Hermitage Museum with a pre-booked entry. Your guide will provide a brief overview of the Hermitage museum’s history and its layout. You will also be escorted to the museum entrance to ensure your smooth and hustle-free entry.
- Meet your guide at the hotel reception at 10.00 a.m. to start your City Highlights tour.
- The tour includes several stops when you will be offered an opportunity to leave your vehicle and take some photos. The sequence of stops depends on location of your hotel and city traffic and includes the Spit of St Basil Island, Arts Square, St Isaac’s Square, Peter and Paul Fortress, the Cathedral of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood. You will enjoy a drive along Nevsky Avenue, the city’s main and the most central street.
- Peter and Paul Fortress was built on the small island, called Hare Island. The location for the fortress had been chosen by Peter the Great himself. The future Russian capital started from the small settlement located in and around the fortress. Peter and Paul Cathedral of the Fortress was destined to become the principle cathedral of the Russian capital until middle of the 19th century when St Isaac’s Cathedral construction was completed. Peter and Paul Cathedral us a resting place of Russian Imperial family and many of its members.
- The Church on Spilled Blood was built on the spot of assassination of the Emperor Alexander II, thus, the name. It is a unique example of a cathedral decorated inside and outside in mosaics.
- St Isaac’s Cathedral‘s construction took more than 40 years which resulted in the 4th largest domed cathedral in Europe. The Cathedral was planned to be the principle cathedral of the capital city and the country and no resources and funds were spared to achieve the most impressive result.
- During the city highlights tour you will have a short coffee/snack break.
- The entry to the Hermitage Museum is usually arranged for 3 p.m. Your guide will help to plan your museum visit, answer your questions about the museum collections and its history and will take you inside the museum.
- Admission tickets to Peter and Paul Fortress and Cathedral, St Isaac’s Cathedral, Cathedral of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood
- Hermitage skip-the-line tickets
- Professional licensed tour guide for the city highlights tour
- Introduction to the Hermitage museum history and collection
- Transfer in A/C vehicle (only for the City Highlights Tour)
- Food and drinks
- Guided tour to the Hermitage Museum
- Private tour-book the tour for your group only and enjoy your day tailored to your needs. By booking a private tour, you can change a sequence of tour components and have a morning visit to the Hermitage Museum, followed by the City Highlights tour after.
You may also like: